Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The woman who did not want to wear black.


Not much action for me today. Another stint on the newsdesk, ordering everybody else around.
This was not the case for my colleague The Brat who had one very exciting day. Which made my day more exciting because it meant I had better stories to offer for the late edition of today's paper.
So poor Brat was out covering the Jackie Selebi trial. Government was arguing why some intelligence guy should not be allowed to testify when a woman in black decided to shake things up.
While court was in session she decided to demand attention for a case that had apparently gone unheeded. The judge walked out and security was called in.
The woman apparently remained adamant that someone listen to her story in the middle of the corruption trial of our former police chief, asking that she be killed if not allowed to talk.
Seriously.
True quote: "I am asking to be killed if my matter is not going to be addressed."
Security started dragging her out, so she tried to rip her clothes off.
They didn't listen to her. But I don't think they killed her either.
Bizarre!
It's now back to boring business.
As I say - it made for a decent diary item for tomorrow's paper.

2 comments:

  1. There seem to be a lot of disturbed people walking around looking like Mr and Mrs Average. Wonder what case she was talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo... does she not speak english properly or is she just a loon?

    ReplyDelete

 
Afrigator